Lauren Goodger’s ex-boyfriend gives thumbs up after being cleared of assaulting her

Lauren Goodger’s ex-boyfriend gives thumbs up after being cleared of assaulting her

Caption: Lauren Goodger?s ex-boyfriend cleared of assaulting her
credit: REX

Charles Drury, the ex-boyfriend of Lauren Goodger, has been pictured giving a thumbs up to the cameras after being cleared of assaulting her.

The latest update in the case came after Goodger withdrew her support for the prosecution.

Drury was charged with inflicting actual bodily harm on the former The Only Way Is Essex star on August 4 2022, shortly after their late daughter Lorena’s funeral.

It was also said that during their relationship, the 26-year-old was said to have left Goodger, 37, fearing that violence would be used against her through controlling and coercive behaviour.

This was alleged to have happened on at least two occasions between August 1 and August in 2022.

On Monday February 12 2024, it emerged that Goodger had withdrawn her support for the prosecution during a pre-trial review hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court in east London.

The builder was seen giving a thumbs up while holding his phone up to his ear (Picture: James Veysey/Shutterstock)

The former couple broke up in 2022 (Picture: Instagram)

Drury’s charges were related to an incident that police were called to on August 4 in 2022 in Upminster, when a woman in her 30s was treated for facial injuries.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police read at the time: ‘A man has appeared in court charged with offences linked to an incident in Upminster.

Drury had pleaded not guilty to the charges at a hearing in July, and was due to stand trial next month.

As the latest update was announced, prosecutor Robin Griffiths said: ‘The Crown is going to offer no evidence. I invite your honour to direct not guilty verdicts be entered.’

The court heard that the Crown Prosecution Service gave notice of its intention to drop the case in a letter on February 6 this year.

This indicated that Goodger had withdrawn her support for the prosecution, months after she was pictured with Drury and their daughter Larose on an outing in public.

(Picture: Instagram/@laurengoodger)

The judge, Recorder James Lofthouse, told Drury on Monday February 12: ‘That brings these proceedings to an end. Not guilty verdicts will be recorded. You are free to go.’

Prosecutors had reportedly ‘reviewed whether it would be appropriate’ to summon Goodger as a witness in the case, but decided against it.

Drury was said to have shown little emotion when he was cleared of the charges, and did not comment on the outcome of the hearing.

Nonetheless, he was shown giving a thumbs up to the camera while holding his phone up to his ear, while wearing a pair of dark grey jeans, a black jumper and a black cap.

In November last year, Goodger and Drury were photographed at Lakeside Shopping Centre having a family day out with their daughter, with the pair holding the toddlers hands.

It was the first time they had been pictured together since Drury faced charges of assault and coercive control.

Goodger seen in November 2023 at Magic Mike Live (Picture: Piers Allardyce/Rex/Shutterstock)

Following the scheduled preliminary trial on February 12 2024, the builder’s trial had been scheduled to take place on March 18.

He was previously released on unconditional bail.

Goodger and Drury began dating in October 2020 and welcomed their baby girl Larose in July 2021, before breaking up in January 2022.

The reality star gave birth to their second baby Lorena in July 2022. The newborn died shortly after her birth.

In a statement released at the time, Goodger wrote: ‘Words can’t describe as a mother losing your baby that I carried for all these months perfectly and gave birth too for my angel to be taken from me.’

She continued: ‘I am broken 💔 I am back home from hospital Me & Charlie spent as much time with our baby girl Lorena and I haven’t said my goodbye yet.’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Joe Wicks’ pregnant wife rushed to hospital for emergency surgery


MORE : Louise Thompson was losing cups of blood every 20 minutes before two-week hospital stay


MORE : Chloe Madeley takes daughter Bodhi, 1, to hospital after ‘distressing’ health scare

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *